This past Sunday I went along to my local wedding fair, the Bay Area Wedding Fair. Here’s some reasons I think it’s a great idea for brides and grooms to attend a similar event in their area.
- CAKE. If you are like me, free cake samples alone are enough to get me out of the house! There were plenty of delicious cakes and desserts to try from various vendors.
- Wine tasting. Enough said.
- The chance to meet local vendors face to face. As much as I love the ability to choose vendors from online reviews / word of mouth recommendations, meeting florists, wedding planners, DJs, dress consultants and many other wedding professionals in real life is very valuable. You can ask questions, view some of their previous work and even get discounts for your big day.
- Competitions! Many wedding fairs hold great competitions and this event was no exception. There was a $10,000 wedding package to be won, as well as 50 Las Vegas giveaways.
- Fabulous ideas and inspiration. This is a great way to source fun, unique and beautiful ideas for your own wedding.
So, next time you see a wedding fair being advertised, grab your partner/friends/parents (or whoever you like to eat cake with!) and go along. You never know what gems you’ll find!