Although this is a wedding blog, it was my birthday on Saturday, so this week we are veering slightly off topic. Birthdays can be funny little days, can’t they? You can only hear many jabs about how you are looking older and you’re a third of a century now (thank you, husband) before it gets a tad depressing, but this year I am embracing my extra year of life experiences and associated wisdom. Here is what I learnt while I was 32.
- Avoid moving internationally with a toddler, if at all possible.
- Avoid international flights with a toddler, if at all possible.
- Stop overthinking every. single. thing. and start doing!
- Humidity is the worst. Why oh why did you miss it while you were overseas? Enjoy being a puddle on the ground now – ha!
- Time and distance can never shake real friendship.
- There is no place like home.
- Creating a legacy to be proud of has nothing to do with how much money you earn or what car you drive… it is about being kind, giving and nurturing relationships.
- Learning something new encourages the child within. Go to a local workshop!
- You CAN get sick of listening to the Wiggles.
- There can never be enough books or enough time to read them.
- Every extra day you are on earth gives you new chances and opportunities to grow and create change.
- Raising a little human is hard work but it’s the most rewarding job in the entire world.
I feel incredibly lucky to be 33 this year. Many, many people do not live long enough to see this age and accordingly, I feel the need to live with more bravery, more generosity and more wonder.
What did you learn this past year? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
Love from the happy birthday girl, Abby xx